Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Project and Such

So as some of you may be aware, I'm starting a new art project. I started it yesterday, and here it is so far...


Yes it's a crappy photo, I know. I'll be sure to catalog things better when they're done. Anyways, this is Trish's house so far! Just those two sides are done. I was hoping to get her house done this week, but yea..it's taking a pretty big chunk of time to do (I haven't read any of that book I'm supposed to read for work in the past two days...oops), and I'm gonna be pretty busy the rest of this week/weekend. So yea, two more sides, a roof, and a garden to go. Not to mention a pathway and the ground it'll be sitting on. I need to figure out how to do that. I'm thinking making the ground like puzzle pieces, so I can put all my little houses together in a village, but also take them apart and still look pretty.

Yes, the brickwork is tedious, but I've watched pretty much the whole "Legend of Zelda" animated series (for the Super mario Bros. Super Show) while doing this tonight, and I must say...that show is terrible. In an awesome way tho. I guess next I'll watch all of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. Then I'll have to get some more DVD's...

ANYWAYS...if you want a little house in my paper village, just tell me what kind of house you want. It can be made of puppies for all I care. I'll prolly finish this one in about a week? And I'm estimating most houses (and I've gotten some pretty complicated ones...) will take about a week or 2 to make. So far I have 3 more lined up, so yea. Don't expect to see your house too soon.

Oh and I guess for reference, the front side of Trish's house is 3 1/8 inches wide. So yea...they be small.

No comments: